Health recommendations are often recommended to reduce meat consumption in general or to refrain from eating red meat. But healthy ways of choosing and cooking meat can avoid you at this juncture, or at least delay your arrival at the stage of considering meat as inappropriate food. Here’s what you can do to eat meat in a healthy way:
* Low-fat meat is always better, fat meat is linked to diabetes and heart disease.
* Veal is best for low fat, followed by turkey breast and then chicken breast and low-fat red meat.
* When buying minced meat ask for fat percentage, and give priority to low-fat quality.
* Add a little salt to the meat, and you can improve the taste by adding herbs and spices.
* Choosing a healthy cooking method reduces the damage to eating meat. Do not overdo the oil in the cook, and the best to cook meat is roasting whether inside the oven or on the grill, as well as boiling in water.
* When preparing meat for cooking, rule out what you can exclude from fat, especially chicken skin.
* Always be sure to have vegetables along with meat in the meal.
Like what you’re reading? Subscribe to our top stories.