Everyone talks about how special motherhood is, and the bond shared with a child is unlike any other, it’s a magical journey that is both rewarding and satisfying, and I couldn’t agree more. I absolutely love being a mom, it’s the best job in the world. I am a mom of two boys and love them to pieces, but motherhood is not always all rainbows and butterflies.
Motherhood is not remembering what it’s like to get a full night’s sleep, wiping more poop than you ever thought you’d see in your life. Motherhood is no longer having privacy, never peeing or showering in peace. Motherhood is using your shirt to wipe runny noses and dirty faces. Motherhood is learning how to do everything with one hand while carrying a baby in another. Motherhood is waking up with a little butt or foot in your face. Motherhood is breastfeeding whenever wherever. Motherhood is yoga pants and bad hair day. Motherhood is no longer shopping alone. Motherhood is having a filthy car all the time. Motherhood is not being able to call in sick because it’s a 24/7 job without a paycheck and the list goes on. But in the end, I wouldn’t have it any other way. Being a mom means being completely and totally overwhelmed by love, joy, responsibility, and selflessness.
With the help of my mommy friends, I created this little project just in time for Mother’s day, to remind everyone what motherhood really looks like.
01. Motherhood Is Never Peeing Alone
02. Motherhood Is Never Shopping In Peace
03. When The Kids Go To Sleep
04. Sleep Never Lasts Long, They Find You
05. Motherhood Is Being Your Kids’ Entertainer
06. Motherhood Is Never Sleeping In
07. Sometimes Moms Need A Time Out To Have A Sip Of Wine And Check On Their Phones
08. Motherhood Is Breastfeeding Whenever Wherever
09. Motherhood Is Never Ending Laundry
10. Motherhood Is Never Showering In Peace
11. Motherhood Is Being Kicked In The Face At Night
12. Motherhood Is Cooking With One Hand
13. Motherhood Is Trying To Keep Your Kids Alive
14. Motherhood Is Not Being Able To Call In Sick
15. Motherhood Is Being A Nurse Or Wiping Kids’ Noses With Your Shirt
16. Motherhood Is Having No Privacy
17. Motherhood Is Having Little Helpers To Help You Cook
18. Motherhood Is Being A Housekeeper
19. Motherhood Is Trying Not To Lose Your Mind
20. Motherhood Is Being A Maid
21. Motherhood Is Breastfeeding On Demand
22. Motherhood Is Never Shopping Alone
Like what you’re reading? Subscribe to our top stories.